Considerations when selecting a Vitamin C suplement
Vitamin C supplements are amongst the most widely used and accepted health products in the world. Traditionally used to support the immune system, they have gained further popularity more recently for the potential to boost collagen production and for their anti-ageing properties.
All products are not created equal, make an informed decision before selecting a product:
- Large doses of vitamin C are usually absorbed in limited amounts and rapidly eliminated by the body. This is why large doses are typically taken several times per day. There are now improved methods of increasing absorption and extending active life – the most successful being liposomal technology. Does your product offer a specific delivery technology to overcome this challenge?
- Are you aware that many vitamin C products – including those supplied by supposedly high quality brands – use GMO corn as a starting material which is then synthesised, often in sub-standard facilities in low cost countries? Are you assured that your vitamin C uses high quality material and processes from start to finish?
- Vitamin C is a powerhouse and often taken as a sole health supplement. However, when we naturally consume vitamin C we do so in the presence of flavonoids found in fruit and vegetables. It is a misconception that you have to consume one with the other to get the benefits of both. This is not true. Vitamin C and flavonoids each offer unique and complimentary health benefits, as nature intended. Surely you would want both benefits in a single product?
- Large doses (over 2000 mg) taken in a single dose or several times per day (as often recommended when a person has a cold or infection) has a common consequence of gastrointestinal disturbances as the number one complaint. The upper tolerable limit of vitamin C is 2000 mg per day and this should not be exceeded.
- Delivers superior levels of Bioactive Vitamin C.
- Enhanced with citrus bioflavonoids for a complete health benefit.
- Market leading quality through QauliC™.
- Advanced delivery via liposomal Cellg8™.
- Non-acidic and digestive friendly.
- Convenient single capsule taken once a day.
- Quality assured through GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and batch testing.
- Clean and free from agrochemicals, artificial additives and heavy metals.
- Scientifically formulated and developed.
- Vegan friendly – 100% Plant Based.
- Fully recyclable and supporting environmental regeneration.