The benefits of Hormone Assist for women
Many health issues – including fatigue, acne, depression, anxiety, brain fog, mood swings, and weight gain is a result of higher than necessary levels of estrogen or a condition we call “estrogen dominance.” Estrogen dominance drives the most common hormonal health issues too, from PMS to PCOS. Detoxing your body of excess estrogen has many immediate and long term benefits.
Hormone Assist helps with estrogen dominance and therefore may lessen some of these annoying symptoms, but it may also have protective effects against more serious problems like fibroids, endometriosis and even cancer.
Steps to Hormonal Balance and Optimal Health:
- Eliminate the most common sources of xenoestrogens (bad estrogens) that mimic the effects of true estrogen and interact with cellular receptor sites. This process is what contributes an excess of bad estrogen and blocks the effects of true estrogen.Most common sources of xenoestrogens include: Oral contraceptives, personal care products, detergents, household cleaners, food additives, preservatives, plastics, canned foods, polystyrene, pesticides and herbicides
- Catechol O-methyltransferase (COMT) is one of the prominent methyltransferase enzymes that play an important role in estrogen methylation.
Support COMT to shift the ratio of bad estrogens to good estrogens by adding methyl groups and nutrient cofactors into our diet , such as methionine, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, betaine (TMG), folate, and magnesium (best first step to deal with breast, ovarian, testicular, prostate and reproductive diseases).Trimethylglycine (TMG) is a powerful methylator.Conversely, a high sucrose diet may inhibit methylation enzymes such as COMT.
- Positively influence the ratio between important hormones and hormone metabolites like estrogen, progesterone and the hydroxyl. Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) activates certain metabolic pathways and plays a prominent role in promoting estrogen breakdown via the healthier 2-OH estrogen route.
- The next step for optimal hormonal balance and health are natural aroma-taste inhibitors. Aromatase enzymes are present in fat tissue and these will turn testosterone into estrogen. Highly active aromatase will convert a large amount of testosterone into estrogen which may contribute to the estrogen dominance effect. Resveratrol, a natural colour pigment is a powerful natural aroma-taste inhibitor.
- Help your liver process estrogen
Your liver processes estrogen so that it can be removed from your body. When estrogen has done its work in your body, it is broken down by the liver into either “good” or “bad” metabolites. The “bad” metabolites are responsible for many of the problematic effects of estrogen (and estrogen dominance) and have been linked to hormonal-dependent cancers.Because Diidolylmethane (DIM) helps your liver make more of the good metabolites, it will help you be healthier, happier and reduce your cancer risk.Diindolylmethane (DIM) is the principal breakdown product of indole 3-carbinol (I3C).
- The last step is to assist the liver to ensure that estrogen marked for excretion, leaves the body.The liver, which elimates excess estrogen, is assisted in this task by Calcium D-glucarate. Calcium D-glucarate is important because it helps ensure that estrogen marked for excretion actually leaves the body. Without sufficient levels of calcium D-glucarate, the neutralized hormone can be activated and reabsorbed in the body. The liver then has to work again on clearing the reintroduced hormone, which strains the liver.
Daily dosage (2 vegetable capsules) contains:
Betaine Anhydrous 98% TMG (Trimethylglycine) 100 mg, Calcium-D-Glucarate 100 mg, Diindolylmethane (DIM) 100 mg,
5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF Vitamin B9) 0,4 mg, Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) 99% 100 mg, L-Methionine 50 mg Magnesium Glycinate 11,7% (equivalent to elemental value 75 mg) 641 mg, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 100 mg, Resveratrol Extract 20-25% (Polygonum Cuspidatum, Root and Rhizome) 180 mg(equivalent to elemental value 45 mg), Vitamin B12 0,1% (Cyanocobalamin) (equivalent to elemental value 100 µg) 10 mg, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 10 mg, Zinc amino acid chelate 10% (equivalent to elemental value 3 mg) 30 mg
Take 2 capsules daily after a meal or as recommended by your healthcare provider.