THE BIG DEFENDER
The active components in milk thistle extracts are a group of chemical compounds collectively known as silymarin.
Silymarin is an antioxidant that protects cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are toxic by-products of oxygen metabolism that can cause significant damage to living tissues when produced in quantities that exceed the body’s neutralising mechanisms. Stress, medicines, injury, alcohol consumption, and infections can all lead to increased free radical generation.
Silymarin helps to protect cell membranes from damage induced by free radicals. It stabilises liver cell membranes and prevents binding and penetration of toxins, e.g. ethanol, paracetamol, Amanita phalloides from poisonous mushrooms, and others. Silymarin also helps the liver to generate new cells and proteins to recover from injury.
Silymarin also has anti-inflammatory properties and may prevent scar tissue formation.
In summary, silymarin:
- Is a free radical scavenger that protects cell membranes from damage caused by toxins and oxidative stress
- Helps the liver to recovery from injury
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects against scar tissue formation
Benefits of Coyne’s Bio-Milk Thistle
- EU certified organic milk thistle extract standardised to contain 80 % silymarin
- Proprietary formulation with increased bioavailability providing 10 times more silybin than some other formulations! Therefore, the dosage is less than that of several competing formulations and only ONE capsule per day is required
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Eco-friendly packaging that is fully recyclable
- GMP compliant
- Tested for purity and free from:
- Heavy metals
- Genetically modified organisms (GMO)
- Artificial additives
Milk thistle is regarded as safe when used as recommended. Side effects mostly involve the gut and include an occasional laxative effect and less commonly, nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, flatulence, bloating, fullness or stomach pain, and loss of appetite.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Patients with milk thistle, daisy, marigold, or ragweed allergy should not use Bio-Milk Thistle
- Do not use if pregnant
- Diabetic patients will require monitoring of blood sugar levels due to its potential blood sugar-lowering effect
- Women with hormone sensitive conditions will require monitoring due to potential oestrogenic effects
- Those taking other medicines should ask their doctor, pharmacist, or healthcare provider about possible drug interactions
Each capsule contains:
Bio-Milk Thistle 360mg
[European organic milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) extract 200mg (80% silymarin)
PHOSPHOcomplex™ 160mg (phosphatidylcholine 104mg, silybin 56mg)]
Other ingredients: Soya lecithin (certified GMO free), vegetable stearate. Contains no known allergens, no sugar or gluten, no artificial flavours or preservatives.
Eco Friendly Packaging
Indications: To support liver function
Recommended use: Adults 18 years and older:
Take 1 capsule per day with food or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Consult your healthcare professional before taking Bio-Milk if you are pregnant, take other medication or have any medical condition.
Store at or below 25°C.
Keep in outer container until required for use.
Protect from light and moisture.
Keep out of reach of children.
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
Health Supplement: Category D
Neither this product nor the contents thereof are intended as a cure for any disease or condition. Always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before using any new product.