Considerations when selecting a Berberine supplement
Berberine is an alkaloid found in numerous plants which have a rich history of traditional use. Over 100 published scientific studies and ongoing research have helped us unlock significant health benefits of berberine.
- The most substantial human clinical trials suggest taking no less than 500 mg of berberine HCL at a time with a frequency of 2 – 3 times per day with meals. This is a total of 1000 – 1500 mg per day. Is your product adequately dosed and are you taking enough berberine HCL to deliver the result you expect or need?
- Your berberine HCL should be +95% in berberine concentration. Check your label and ensure this is specified.
- While there are different versions of berberine, the form that has been clinically validated to deliver the best results in humans is berberine HCL.
- Berberine HCL should be taken just before a meal – not after or away from food – it has a direct impact on the meal consumed.
- It’s sensible to take your dosage of berberine HCL with your largest and most carbohydrate- or energy-rich meals.
- Standard berberine HCL takes approximately an hour to reach the blood stream and is active for 2 – 3 hours. Is your product able to offer a more rapid and sustained release method?
- It is recognised that berberine has a significant and positive effect on the gut microbiome. This would support the fact that, despite its poor oral absorption, it delivers a significant benefit. Is this because the major benefit is happening in the gut? If your product is exclusively focused on delivering berberine into the blood stream, you may be missing the major gut benefit.
- Some users of berberine HCL report gastrointestinal disturbance, this can be short lived, and while uncomfortable, a positive correction to the gut flora and microbiome takes place.
- Berberine HCL + liposomal berberine for enhanced bioavailability.
- Increased active life and benefit.
- Dual release, both rapid and sustained.
- Overcomes limitation of gut microbiome.
- Enhanced with liposomal chromium.
- Convenient to use.
- Quality assured through GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and batch testing.
- Clean and free from agrochemicals, artificial additives and heavy metals.
- Scientifically formulated and developed.
- Vegan friendly – 100% Plant Based.
- Fully recyclable and supporting environmental regeneration.